Register today: All-Deanery Pre
Convention Meeting Tuesday, August 30
Our 173rd Annual Diocesan Convention will be held on Friday evening, October 28, and all- day Saturday, October 29.
Please mark your calendars, and begin to get familiar with the Convention website: https://www.diocalconvention.org.
Convention will be a virtual event, and we will once again use the VPOLL electronic voting platform. Practice sessions will be provided prior to Convention.
**New this year: All-Deanery Pre-Convention virtual meeting**
To help us all prepare for Convention, we are trying something new this year:
An All-Deanery Pre-Convention virtual meeting. A few important details:
- The webinar will be held on Tuesday, August 30 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. PDT.
- This will be a LIVE Zoom webinar event. We urge you to attend the live webinar if atall possible so that you can ask questions. For those who cannot attend a recording will be available for viewing later via the DioCal Convention website.
How to register:
In order for each congregation’s Convention Delegates to attend the August 30 All-Deanery Pre-Convention meeting, please register here. All attendees will have the opportunity to hear in real-time the following presentations and pose questions:
- How the budget is developed and a narrative overview of the 2023 budget by our Canon for Diocesan Finance, the Rev. Cn. Michele Racusin.
- The year-end 2021 and 2022 highlights and anticipated 2023 accomplishments from Bishop Marc and from each of the Diocesan Working Group Heads for Congregational Ministries, Faith Formation, Development/Stewardship, and Diocesan Communications.
- An overview of the nominees for Diocesan positions, presented by the Rev. Hannah Elyse Cornthwaite, Chair of the Nominations Committee.
- A reminder of how the VPOLL voting system works, presented by Convention Dispatch of Business Chair Adia Milien.
Please spread the word about this important meeting to your Deaneries and Convention Delegates. For further information, please contact our Canon for Diocesan Communications, Canon Stephanie Martin Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.